Tuesday, January 27, 2015

When Hollywood got it right (for a change)

http://www.liveforfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark.jpg

Apropos of this report from MEMRI (via Jihad Watch), about a hideously pompous Saudi cleric who, in response to the Charlie Hebdo massacre, had a recent explosive bowel movement in public (i.e., a fatwa), said:

The sword is more truthful than the book. Its cutting edge separates sincerity from jest. It is the whiteness of the blade, rather than the blackness of the book’s ink, that dismisses any uncertainty or doubt. When they faced death… This is the language these Jewish and Christian infidels understand. This is the only language they understand.”

At first, I thought of writing a learned and detailed analysis.  But then my memory banks kicked in, and I recalled fondly that famous scene from an old movie; perhaps the most cogent response to that grotesque clown (i.e., that mainstream Muslim) quoted above.

2 comments:

Egghead said...

Look at this: http://freedomforce.com/1212/american-muslim-group-attacks-american-sniper-demands-eastwood-cooper-denounce-fictional-islamophobia/

"Whack and whine." Priceless! :)

Hesperado said...

Thanks Egghead. I liked Debbie Schlussel's dismissal of Clint's movie. Though I haven't seen it yet, I would fall off my chair if it were really bucking the fashionable trend of PC MC.